Sometimes the best thing you can say to a person you love- is something that has already been said before!
With Mother’s Day coming up soon, a lot of people are looking for ideas on what to write on a Mother’s day card… And we say- Mother’s Day Quotes!
When is Mother’s Day in the USA?
While in the UK Mother’s Day was March 22, 2020, Mother’s Day in the USA is coming up in a little less than a month- May 10, 2020.
3 weeks ahead, now is the best time to start planning your Mother’s Day gift, and Mother’s Day Card!
To help you out with that, check out a list of the best Mother’s Day quotes to write in your Mother’s Day card!
20+ Mother’s Day Quotes for your Mother’s Day Card:
1. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
2. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
3. “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” —Erich Fromm
4. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” —Harriet Beecher Stowe
5. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” —Sophia Loren
6. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
7. “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
8. “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great—but how to laugh through it.” —Liza Minnelli (on mom Judy Garland)
9. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
10. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
11. “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” —P.J. O’Rourke
12. “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” —Dorothy on The Golden Girls
13. “Because I feel that, in the Heavens above / The angels, whispering to one another, / Can find, among their burning terms of love / None so devotional as that of ‘Mother’” —Edgar Allen Poe
14. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
15. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” —Oprah Winfrey
16. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” —Robert A. Heinlein
17. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
18. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
19. “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
20. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Mitch Albom
21. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark … to have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever.” —J.K. Rowling
22. “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.” —James Joyce
23. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana